Many Filipinos do not have easy or affordable access to basic financial services like bank accounts, remittance services and investment products.
Blockchain technology is solving many of these problems through cryptocurrencies and digital assets. By providing an exchange platform for cryptocurrencies and digital assets, PDAX aims to make financial products and services cheaper and more accessible to the ordinary Filipino.
PDAX operates an open marketplace for digital assets, i.e. PDAX.ph and retail distribution app for securities, e.g. Bonds.PH.
PDAX is a financial institution regulated by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP), and is Series A venture backed by the global leaders in crypto and blockchain technology, and by SEA-focused venture capital firms.
About the role
As a Finance Intern, you are expected to have quantitative critical thinking and learning agility.
We aren’t expecting you to be an expert in finance, but we need someone who is willing to
challenge the norms to create disruptive efficiencies. We love learning here, and are prepared
to work on new tasks to learn outrageously. It is great to be a thinker, but we also need you to
be up for getting down and dirty to deliver and churn out documentary output. Take note,
though – you won’t be treated as an intern and will be immersed into the real dirty work.
- Daily reconciliation of cash, customer balances, and other line items using Excel
- Develop, localise and operate our Quickbooks accounting system in detail
- Create and expedite accounting and finance policies, control frameworks.
- Rigorously collaborate with cross-functional team members and business stakeholders to
better manage company financials while expediting the financial reporting function.
- Financial modelling of company projections, cash budget, and 2-year trajectory.
- Creating monthly management reports and accompanying decks, schedules, and reports
- Be prepared to handle other Finance or Non-Finance deliverables as the start-up may need
- BS in Business, Accounting, or Economics – we’re open to anyone, but it helps if you know basics
- Experience with cross-functional teams – 1+1+1=5. Yup, we want to collaborate exponentially!
- Blockchain enthusiast – you know the value of blockchain and are interested to learn about it
- Learner and Contributor – you don’t need to know everything, but you got to love learning and at
the same beat be excited to share insights you have learned with us. Let’s learn together!
- Strong sense of initiative – you always look to solve the issues around you and hate inactivity
Nice to have
- Willingness to work in a startup environment
- Eagerness to learn new skills and grow professionally and personally
- Enthusiasm for trading stocks, ForEx, cryptocurrencies
- Interest in blockchain and cryptocurrencies
- Experience working with a global, distributed team
- Entrepreneurial spirit – you’re not here to just execute, challenge us and inspire us and make this your company too!
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying