At PDAX, we believe that the future of money is digital, and our mission is to empower all Filipinos to grow their wealth through blockchain technology.
As one of the first crypto firms in the Philippine market, we feel a sense of duty to our users and to the ecosystem to set the standard for safety, ease of access, and reliability. We expect our team to share in this responsibility and cherish our vision of a more open and equitable financial system.
We are looking for new team members that are passionate about cryptocurrency, want to work in a disruptive, fast-growing industry, and thrive in a start-up environment.
If this sounds like you, then we’d love to talk!
We’re looking for a tax compliance manager to support the implementation of tax for current and new business lines. The role will be an expert on taxation and tax compliance in the company, diving solutions and processes to ensure compliance of local and national tax laws. You’ll work closely with finance, operations, treasury, compliance, and other teams, driving the long-term success of the business. You will also work hand-in-hand with tax consulting partners in recommending tax treatment to ensure compliance.
As a Tax Compliance Manager, you will:
- Lead all tax-related and regulatory matters of the company, including national and local tax and filing
- Build and improve business workstreams to deliver full range tax services that are compliant with laws and regulations.
- Review thoroughly the tax filing, tax return and tax accounting reconciliations to ensure accuracy and completeness of supporting documents.
- Responsible for ensuring complete and accurate annual and monthly tax returns.
- Implementing and improving transfer pricing policies and procedures.
- Provide strategic and innovative tax planning and effective implementation of such to mitigate possible tax risks and exposures. Responsible in identifying and assessing risk, managing controls, and ensuring compliance. High standards are required as we view our operations as that of banks
- Manage tax audits and represent the company to internal and external stakeholders.
- Conduct regular tax trainings for internal stakeholders and provides assistance and tax expertise on all tax-related inquiries
- Leads and recommend other tax-related projects and initiatives
- Interprets and applies, where appropriate, industry announcements and changes to existing internal systems and processes.
- Independently takes on multiple assignments and projects on behalf of the department and sees them through to completion.
- Undertakes further duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- University degree or equivalent experience required. Concentration in business, finance – taxation/audit, is preferred
- At least 5 years of relevant experience on taxes for regulated financial services companies (Preferably with deep knowledge on taxes and regulatory filings for non-bank financial institutions)
- Excellent relationship management and leadership skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to think and communicate structurally
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to implement and execute projects in quick fashion. Strong track record of end-to-end project management – from strategy to implementation to evaluation.
Nice to have!
- Willingness to work in a startup environment – we need someone with an appetite for building.
- Experience in digital asset or financial services industries particularly in payments, remittance, e-banking and cash management
- Enthusiasm for trading stocks, forex, cryptocurrencies or NFTs.
- Desire to improve the financial landscape in the PH.
- Entrepreneurial spirit – you’re not here to just execute. Inspire us and make this company yours!
- We do the right thing. In all dealings, we act with integrity, diligence, and in good faith.
- We think about the customer. We solve problems for our users.
- We love crypto. We are passionate about cryptocurrency, financial markets, and how technology is changing lives.
- We strive for excellence. We love challenges; we raise the bar in everything: our products, services, processes, and people.
- We focus on the mission. We take ownership. We are proactive and we work hard to deliver high-impact results at a rapid pace.
- We exercise leadership. In any role we play, we strive to be effective leaders.
- We believe in continuous learning and growth. We pursue growth, learning, and development, and are eager to give and receive feedback.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying